The New Hope Auction Committee wants to remind you that the school auction will be here before you know it! This year, the auction is to be held November 8th. As such, this leaves the committee less than 2 months of school time to procure items and finalize plans. Rest assured, we have been hard at work (even through the summer) trying to procure items from community businesses. However, we still need your help as family involvement and contributions are vital to the success of the auction, which is New Hope’s main fundraiser, providing for scholarships and student needs. Following, are some ways you can help. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
1) We need a parent or grandparent from each grade to be the point person for a class basket. Each class will choose a package theme and ask class families and/or businesses to contribute related items. The auction committee and Internet have many theme ideas to choose from. The point person would be responsible for communicating the theme, desired items, and deadlines to the families. Once items are in, the parent would package them together in an aesthetically pleasing way (as applicable) and get them to the auction committee along with an estimated value. Please email us at the above email if you would like to help with this.
2) We need any and all contributions for silent and oral auction items. These can be anything from a small trinket to a large, valuable item or service. These can be directly donated by your family or procured from a business. All donations are tax-deductible and donor will be provided with documentation for tax purposes.
3) We are hoping to auction off three themed, decorated, artificial Christmas trees during the auction as we are trying to encourage Christmas shopping at our event. We are asking for donations of new or like new artificial trees of any size as well as lights and ornaments. We hope to do a traditional tree, kids tree, and a silver and blue tree (our theme colors). So, ornaments for these themes would be greatly appreciated.
4) Do you have an amazing, special dessert that you make? We also do a super fun Dessert Dash at the auction where each table bids on the dessert they want. Highest bidder gets first pick, so the more eye-pleasing, luscious dessert the better. If you would be willing to make a dessert for 8 people for the auction please email as well.
Donations can be brought into the school office, or please email us if you need to arrange a pick up.
- New Hope has been serving K-12 students for over 50 years!
- NHCS students consistently score above the national average on their SATs.
- New Hope Christian School has a 99.9% graduation rate.
- A recent article from Axis states that 61% of all high school students walk away from the church and look elsewhere for answers. ACSI confirmed that for graduates from Christian high schools, 7% walk away.