On our beautiful 36 acre campus located just outside of Grants Pass, nestled in the farmlands of the picturesque Applegate Valley, New Hope has been equipping young people for a life that pleases Jesus through excellent Bible-based education since 1961.
NHCS is the county’s largest private school serving nearly 250 students in grades Junior Kindergarten (JrK) through High School.
Accredited through the Northwest Accreditation Commission (NWAC), an accreditation division of AdvancED, New Hope offers an excellent academic program with a JrK-12 traditional curriculum and a supervised Learning Center to assist students on all levels.
With our small class sizes, art, music and sports programs, advanced college courses, and individual tutoring, New Hope Christian School has a 99.9% graduation rate. This far exceeds the Oregon public schools’ 68% graduation completion, which is ranked 49th of all states (according to the 2012 US Education Department statistics and as reported in the April 29, 2014 issue of The Daily Courier).
Through our college prep program, advanced students are encouraged to complete college course credits while still in high school. NHCS graduates are well-accepted at both Christian and secular colleges and universities, as well as military academies. Many of our graduates are serving in the medical field or in businesses, bringing a higher level of economic value and growth to our community.
In grades 7-12, our student mentoring programs have become a cornerstone of New Hope Christian School. Veteran students ‘buddy up’ with new students to help them adjust to their new school and cultivate friendships. Seniors and juniors mentor all incoming freshmen to help them transition from junior high to high school. While participating in things like teacher assistant, tutor for an elementary student, a CREW or Student Government member, our students learn the value of serving others.
A recent article from Axis states that 61% of all high school students walk away from the church and look elsewhere for answers. ACSI confirmed that for graduates from Christian high schools, 7% walk away. When people ask, “Why Christian School?”, I answer, “Do the math. Do you want your child to have only a 39% chance or a 93% chance of a continued walk with the Lord?” Obviously, conscientious parents want it at 100%. New Hope seeks this as well.
We have an amazing Godly staff who care for, pray for, and serve our students. Our ‘family’ of teachers, students, support staff, coaches, and families care about each other and have a common goal of raising generations to serve the Lord Jesus.
We cordially invite you to call or visit us at any time. We would love to hear from you.
Mission Statement – Equipping for a life that pleases Jesus through excellent Bible-based education.
Statement of Purpose
Concise instructions for raising successful generations for the future are given in Deuteronomy 6. This clearly states that God’s Word and accounts of how God works with people must completely surround youth on a 24-hour basis. Our ministry is to assist the family and local, Bible-believing churches in fulfilling this command for the nurturing and training of children (see Deut. 6:1-9; Prov. 6:20; Prov. 22:6; Prov. 29:17; Eph. 6:4).
Christian Education is to teach all truth to our students, pointing them to Christ as the only Savior and Lord, and encouraging them to make a personal commitment to Him and to “grow in grace, and the knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ” (2 Peter 3:18). The school upholds standards of appropriate behavior and academic excellence, with God’s Word as the unchanging standard.
New Hope Core Values
Nurturing relationships by cherishing and cultivating Christian love among our New Hope family.
Educating for eternity by preparing students to be productive, Godly citizens who know God personally through worship, prayer, service, and His Word.
Weighing all teachings and practices in the light of God’s Word.
Honoring God and one another by seeking to live ‘Christ-centered lives’.
Operating with integrity by striving to be upright and accountable in all our decisions and practices.
Providing a safe, wholesome, educational environment teaching our students to be responsible, respectful, and considerate of others.
Excelling in everything by doing our best to glorify God in our ministry at New Hope.
Statement of Philosophy
- New Hope Christian School is is both a religious institution and educational institution. The School’s view of the nature of the student, truth, education, and the role of the teacher is integral to the School’s statement of philosophy.
- The Nature of the Student: The student is created by God in His image to have fellowship with Him, but is born in sin and separated from God. The student may be reconciled to God through faith in Jesus Christ and enabled by grace to learn and grow in truth. Each individual has gifts and abilities that need to be developed for God’s own purpose. (Gen. 1:26-27; Ps. 51:5; Rom. 5:12; Eph. 2:8-10)
- The Nature of Truth: All truth is of God, and no truth exists apart from Him. The Bible is the God-given, unchanging standard by which all things are measured. Apart from spiritual regeneration, the student cannot fully know and understand truth. (Ps. 19:7-11; 1 Cor. 2:9-12)
- The Nature of Christian Education: It is a process of presenting subject matter in a way that shows complete union with all of God’s truth. It is a living demonstration of Biblical principles on the part of all personnel involved in the process. Applying the meaning and purpose found in Jesus Christ to all of life is its goal.
- The Role of the Teacher: The teacher is expected to exhibit the fruit of the Spirit in the fullest possible measure. The teacher is responsible to motivate each student according to his or her ability. The teacher should foster student effort and encourage the application of spiritual motives for learning. (Luke 6:40)