Prepared for Kingdom Living
We encourage our students to pursue post-secondary education. To that end, college advising is available at any point in the student’s educational journey.
BigFuture has resources for students to create a college roadmap. There students can explore their interests, research careers, search for colleges that offer that degree path, and then make a plan of how to accomplish those goals.
NHCS invites college recruiters to come to present their colleges to our students. This creates unique opportunities for our students to visit with college representatives to discuss educational opportunities.
This program is designed to match students with a mentor to help them navigate the ins and outs of achieving their post-high school goals!
- College Board- runs SAT/PSAT
- KHAN Academy- personalized SAT practice
- SAT Sample Questions
- SAT Score Interpretation
Additional College Help
- College Application Checklist
- Common Application; a centralized application accepted by over 700 colleges
- OSAC; a single application portal linked to numerous statewide scholarships
- Josephine County Educational Fund
- Finaid.org- a guide to financial aid, applications, student loans, and free scholarship search
- Intelligent.com- A resource for creating a study plan
Online College Guides
- OnlineUniversity- a comprehensive resource guide to distance learning and online education
- AccreditedOnlineColleges.org- a detailed database of accreditation details for colleges and universities in the U.S.
- Counselor Tips for writing effective College Recommendations