New Hope Athletics
At New Hope, we are proud of our athletic tradition.
However, we are much more proud of the spirit and passion of our athletes. New Hope teams are known for their respect and their work ethic. We know that high school and middle school sports are about the challenge, not the result, and that character is built throughout the season, not just in the championship game.
Here at New Hope we offer core athletics programs with focused efforts, meaning students can work towards university or professional sports, as well as developing lifelong skills and habits.
As a member of the Oregon School Activities Association, New Hope students participate in competitions with many public and private schools. We compete in Cross Country, Volleyball, Basketball, and Track & Field.
Sports Physicals are required and good for two years
- Before participation in any practice during the OSAA Association year of August 23rd through May 30th
- For 7th – 12th grade students
- Recommended for students 6th grade and younger
- Download the Athletic Participation Permission Form 2016-17
Sports Participation Continued in College
In recent years, nine NHCS athletes have received and used sport’s scholarship assistance as part of their scholarship package to participate in college sports: one in Basketball, eight in Track & Field, seven in Cross Country.
NOTE: College scholarships have been plentiful for NHCS students based upon:
- Demonstrated diligence in academics
- Scoring well on standardized tests, participation in a wide range of activities such as music, sports, Brain Bowl, etc., and a good community service record
Having portfolios that demonstrate being successful at the state level in sports has been an impressive attention-getter for a number of our athletes.
Participation in Sports Not Fielded by New Hope
Private school athletes may participate for the public school of their attendance district in sports not sponsored by their school. Most NH athletes take advantage of New Hope’s offerings, but we have had students choose to go outside and do very well in bowling, tennis, soccer, equestrian, softball, & baseball.
All high school play during the OSAA Association Year, August 23rd – May 30th, is under the guidelines and umbrella of the Oregon State Activities Association.
High school leagues in which NHCS is a member:
- Volleyball – 1A-4 Skyline League: Camas Valley, Days Creek, Elkton, Glendale, New Hope Christian, North Douglas, Pacific, Powers, Umpqua Valley Christian, Yoncalla
- Cross Country – 3A/2A/1A Special District 6: Canyonville Christian Academy, Cascade Christian, Hosanna Christian, Illinois Valley, Lakeview, New Hope Christian, Paisley, Rogue River, St. Mary’s, Triad Christian
- Basketball – 1A-4 Skyline League: Camas Valley, Days Creek, Elkton, Glendale, New Hope Christian, North Douglas, Pacific, Powers, Umpqua Valley Christian, Yoncalla
- Track & Field – Mountain Skyline 1A League: Butte Falls, Camas Valley, Elkton, Gilchrist, Hosanna Christian, New Hope Christian, Pacific, Paisley, Powers, Prospect, Triad