November 15, 2012 Newsletter
This month’s Student Government Giving Hope project is the Food Drive for Joe’s Place. Tomorrow is the last day to bring your donations. Items and monies will be collected from each classroom tomorrow morning. Thank you!
Breakfast at Applebee’s Fundraiser:
The Senior class is having an Applebee’s pancake breakfast fundraiser this Saturday, 8-10am. Come and enjoy pancakes, sausage, coffee, and soft drinks. The tickets are $7 each. If not already purchased, tickets can be purchased at the door from a New Hope senior (check or cash payment only). Thank you for supporting the Senior class!
Thank you to those who have signed up with shopwithscrip.com! A few reminders about the program:
- There are two methods of paying for your scrip orders:
- By cash or check made out to NHCS PTF ~ Place your order at www.shopwithscrip.com and turn in your cash/check to the school office by Friday. The school will receive your order by Thursday of the next week.
- By using PrestoPay ~ Place your order at www.shopwithscrip.com by Monday, pay through PrestoPay, and the school will receive your order by Thursday of that week. NOTE: If you haven’t already signed up for PrestoPay, the process takes a few days because they have to verify your checking account by placing 2 small deposits into your account. Once deposited, you fill in the 2 amounts, and they send you a code that you email to PTF President Norm Kester (call the office if you need his email address). He has to “approve” you, and then you’re good to go!!! Sign up today!
- Due to the Thanksgiving holiday, the next order will be placed the week after Thanksgiving.
- Make sure to check out shopwithscrip.com on Thanksgiving Day for their Thank-Scrip-ing Day promotion where they will be offering specials of some of the highest rebates ever offered! Check out the Thank-Scrip-ing Day Flyer for complete details.
The November lunch calendar is posted on the website. Please provide either a lunch or money to purchase lunch for your student(s). Money can be placed on a lunch account through the school office. The office does not have money to loan students who forget or come unprepared. Thank you!
Parents of SENIORS and Other Interested High School Parents:
Mark your calendars for Tuesday, December 4th. There will be a COLLEGE FINANCIAL AID Planning Night at 7pm in the school cafeteria. Jen Perry from College Dreams will be presenting information on FAFSA, scholarships, grants, etc.
Love to Hang Christmas Lights?:
We need a few “hands” to help put up Christmas lights around the school on Wednesday, Nov. 28th. Call the office or email Tami at Tamip@newhopechristian.net if you are able to help.
Also, there will be decorating to do for the Christmas programs. Call the office if this is something you would like to help with.
Moms in Prayer:
Moms in Prayer meets every Tuesday at 8-9am. Come and join others in praying for our school, staff, families, and students.
News from our Athletic Director:
Another year of high school basketball is upon us. During the preseason, our schedule may change several times due to weather, the needs of other teams, and our needs. Please check the calendar often to see any changes.
Our varsity teams will be traveling to Portland for a tournament on Dec 26th-28th, returning home on the 29th. We have negotiated a rate of $82/night for either 2 queen beds with a hide-a-bed suite or a king bed with a hide-a-bed suite at Embassy Suites by the Portland Airport, and it includes a full breakfast. If parents want to reserve a room, please notify me at email@example.com or 541-218-3681. Deadline for a reservation is Dec. 10th. Please let us know as soon as possible.
The admission charges for the 2012-2013 basketball season are:
Missing Computer Lab Book:
Mrs. Yunker is missing a brand new Microsoft Step By Step 2010 book. If found, please return it to the computer lab.