March 15, 2012 Newsletter
REMINDER THAT A 3RD QUARTER CLERICAL DAY WAS ADDED TO THE ORIGINAL YEARLY SCHOOL CALENDAR:
There is no school next Thursday, March 22nd. The calendar can be viewed on our website at www.newhopechristian.net/newsevents/calendar.
IMPORTANT SURVEY TO BE EMAILED SOON:
Our NH School Board would like your input on a 5-6 question survey that will be emailed soon. Thank you for taking the time to answer the questions by March 31st.
1. New magazine subscriptions (either for yourself or family members, friends, or businesses) can be purchased through SchoolStore.com. Check out what is available at the Family Book Store on www.schoolstore.com.
2. Online shoppers…SchoolStore.com is an online shopping mall where over 200 nationally-known online merchants have agreed to give a percentage of sales to K-12 schools - stores like Barnes & Noble, Best Buy, Cabela’s, Gap, iTunes, Kohl’s, and Walmart. The way it works is this – Let’s say you want to order shoes from FamousFootwear.com. First, go to www.schoolstore.com, choose our school, click the merchants tab, find Famous Footwear on the pull down list at the left, and place your order on the Famous Footwear website. The percentage they give is 13%. If your shoes are $59…they send New Hope $7.67!!! You have paid nothing extra for your shoes and have bought only what you would have anyways!
Keep in mind that you must login through SchoolStore.com in order for New Hope to get credit for your order. For a listing of the top online retailers that are available, see the SchoolStore.com Merchant List. A complete list can be seen by going to the Merchants tab on www.schoolstore.com. Enlist your family and friends to support New Hope by shopping online through SchoolStore.com, too!
These funds are distributed by the New Hope PTF (Parent-Teacher Fellowship, http://www.newhopechristian.net/about/ptf) to go towards various fundraising projects (new roof project, PHIL46 Items, and many others).
The students have until June 30th to accumulate the thermometer prizes for this year. They change all the prizes in July for the following school year.
RE-ENROLLMENT FORMS AND FEE SHEETS:
Remember to re-enroll by April 30th to receive the discounted rate.
Tickets are available for the 2012 Reach for the Stars New Hope Auction and Dinner. They are $25 each or $200 for a table of 8. They can be purchased in the office via cash or check. Get yours now as seating is limited!
HIGH SCHOOL ALL SPORTS BANQUET:
New Hope’s first annual All Sports Banquet will be held Thursday, April 19th, 6:30pm, at Gateway Christian Fellowship, 4335 Williams Hwy. Coaches from all sports will take a few minutes to talk about their teams and give awards. Cost will be FREE for the athlete and 1 guest and $6.00 for anyone else. We hope to make this an enjoyable and fun-filled evening. For reservations, please email our Athletic Director at philstephens67 at gmail dot com. Even though this banquet is for high school sports, anyone is welcome to come.
BOX TOPS AND CAMPBELL LABELS:
Next contest ends May 4th. Keep clipping those box tops and labels and sending them in. Don’t forget to label them with your student’s name and grade so their class gets the credit. FYI – Printable coupons for items with box tops can be found at www.boxtops4education.com/coupons.
FAMILY PARTNERSHIP NOTES:
The Family Partnership restriction of a daily 8-hour maximum for overnight trips/field trips has been dropped. For example…if a parent is on a field trip for 72 hours, they will now earn the entire 72 hours of volunteer time.
Also, the answer to the question of why we have the Family Partnership requirement is that it allows us to keep our tuition rates lower.
REGARDING TARDINESS TO SCHOOL, LEAVING SCHOOL EARLY, AND CELL PHONE USAGE AT SCHOOL:
- When arriving at school after 8am, all students are to come to the office to sign in (even if it is lunch or between class periods).
- When leaving school early, all students are to come to the office to sign out with a parent note giving permission and reason.
- Elementary students may use cell phones before and after school, but they are to be turned off and put away during school hours.
- Secondary students may use cell phones before school, during break times between classes, during lunch, and after school. However, they are to be turned off and put away during class periods and are not to be used for any reason.
- Cell phones will be taken away from students who have them out at times when they are to be put away. The first time it is taken away, the student’s parent must pick it up from the office. If it is taken away a second time, the phone must be checked in/out of the office every day for the remainder of the school year.
NHCS KITCHEN USE POLICY:
Our Kitchen Supervisor is currently Gina Yunker. Please clear all use of the kitchen with her, whether it’s during school or non-school hours. Thank you so much for your cooperation.
ALL HIGH SCHOOL FIELD TRIP:
Our high school students will be attending “Romeo and Juliet” at Oregon Shakespeare Festival on May 8. The cost is $24 and due by April 2. The international students have already paid.
The Learning Center is open on Monday-Thursday, 3:15-4:30. The Center is available for students in all grades to receive extra help for a variety of subjects.
YEARBOOK ADS AVAILABLE FOR PURCHASE:
Yearbook ads may be purchased now through April 1st. If you own your own business or work for a business that would advertise in our New Hope yearbook, check out the yearbook ads informational flyer.
SECONDARY BANQUET DATES:
The Junior High Banquet, “A Night in the Orient”, is coming on Friday, April 13th, from 6-8pm at New Hope. Tickets will be sold from April 2nd-5th.
The High School Banquet will be on May 5th. This is a formal event.
OFFICE 2010 PRO PLUS SPECIAL EXCLUSIVE TO ACSI MEMBER SCHOOLS:
This is not a fundraiser but an opportunity for our Parents, Students, Faculty, and Staff members to save up to 85% on personal copies of Microsoft Office Pro Plus 2010. Microsoft will be discontinuing this program as of March 31st, 2012. If you would like to take advantage of this offer or want more information, see the ACSI Promotional Flyer.