PTF: Parent Teacher Fellowship
What is the PTF?
The PTF (Parent-Teacher Fellowship) is a collection of New Hope families and staff working together to continue to improve New Hope Christian School and to glorify Jesus in and through the lives of our students.
PTF Agenda, January 7th:
What does the PTF do?
According the PTF bylaws, the objectives of the NHCS PTF are as follows:
- To arrange activities and special events to supplement the academic program and enhance the school’s sense of community.
- To serve as a liaison that encourages and facilitates communication between families, the school’s administration, staff, and local supporting individuals and organizations.
- To be a vehicle for fundraising to help meet expenditures not covered by the school
What is the PTF working on?
The PTF activities can be organized into a few general categories:
- Communication: Creating opportunities for greater communication between New Hope and families of New Hope.
- Community Outreach Programs: Events to help our community enjoy the benefits of New Hope.
- Fundraiser Events: Events to help raise the funds necessary for New Hope’s operating budget, scholarships, and campus improvements.
- Rebate Earning Programs: Programs that allow families to make simple adjustments to “everyday purchases” and have New Hope receive financial benefits.
What if I want to get involved?
We would love to have you be a part of the PTF. Everyone brings their unique strengths and talents to the PTF. The PTF meets once a month.
At the PTF meetings, you have the opportunity to simply observe and ask questions and see what plans are being made. If you feel like there is a committee or event that you’d like to participate, we welcome your involvement.
The following events have openings where you can help:
- Spring Warrior Run-A-Thon
- Grandparents Day
- Father/Daughter Valentines Ball
- Auction Volunteer
- 2013 Josephine County Fair
- 2013 Harvest Festival
- 2013 Open House
Does the PTF have a Board?
We do, as outlined by the PTF bylaws.
PTF Executive Board
- President: Bianca Albright
- Vice President: Shae Pastrell
- Secretary (Interim): Patty Caetano
- Treasurer: Lisa Stanton
- Parliamentarian: Denise Nelson
- Communication Coordinator (Interim): Amanda Mendes
- 2nd Vice President: Ernie Stone (Administrator)
- Teacher-at-Large: Gina Yunker
- Bylaws – Approved November 2011
- Minutes: January 8, 2014
- Minutes: November 5, 2012
- Minutes: May 1, 2012 meeting
- Minutes: April 3, 2012 meeting
- Minutes: March 6, 2012 meeting
- Minutes: February 7, 2012 meeting
- Minutes: January 10, 2012 meeting
- Minutes: November 1, 2011 meeting
- Minutes: October 4, 2011 meeting